Thursday, October 22, 2009

Homeschooling

This week in class we discussed the topic of homeschooling. For me it's weird to think that some teenagers don't get the full life experience. Missing out on high school is literally like missing out on a part of life. High school is said to be "the best years of your life" but when you don't go you miss out. Sure home-schooled kids will still get a good education but maybe they will miss part of the curriculum, they won't be able to put on their college applications that they graduated from a prestigious high school like ours for example. I can't imagine not having a social life and no friends from school. It would be really hard to go into the real world or college after being home-schooled. My friend told me that someone she knows is home-schooled and the only social interaction they get on a regular basis is from going to church. Sure church is a social gathering but it is more conserved and not a place to goof off with like you can sometimes at school. Basically I would hate my life if I were home-schooled and I would be so out of the norm it would be hard to adapt later in life.

2 comments:

  1. i agree, when i'm with the kids on my soccer team i feel like they are missing out so much stuff.for example my friend have no idea what hip-hop music is and are only allowed to listen to Christian music

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! when being home schooled you can't get the whole social experience and it's really tough to adjust when out.

    ReplyDelete